Tuesday, February 10, 2015

the good life...


quick update: I am alive and well...ok but seriously I love New Zealand!  My days consist of Chinese, Ministry, and Area study in the morning and then time to lay out and explore in the afternoon (and of course do my homework).  I have been running most mornings in the hopes that I will be able to run the Indy Mini with Brian this May.  The girls I have been running with help to keep me sane and I love having people that match my pace and have a passion for running like I do.  God is doing some pretty cool things in my life and I have been trying this new thing called "listening" to him.  It's different just sitting in silence and waiting, but when you receive affirmation and confirmation on something you do hear, it's pretty much the coolest thing that could ever happen.  My hair is growing super fast and while it drives me crazy half the time, the other half I'm trying out fun new things such as pigtails.  They keep me feeling young.  My PacRim family is growing closer and closer and I grow fonder of them each and every day.  Homesickness comes and goes and I miss Brian like crazy...but while I dream of returning home, I also feel a sting in my heart when I hear how quickly this trip is flying by.  Never stop wondering, never stop wandering.