Wednesday, February 18, 2015

a heavy heart...

as much as it pains me to say it, the team and i will soon take our leave of New Zealand.  I have come to grow fond of this beautiful country and I will miss it dearly.  I will miss playing ultimate frisbee every night after dinner and running around until we feel like chundering.  I will miss our kiwi friends and everything that they did for us like teach us how to play rugby, or take us to the beach.  I will miss watching a different movie every night with almost everyone on the team.  Doing Tim tam slams, walking to Pack n save or the warehouse, laying out in the warm sun during our free time...all these memories and so much more are soon to be just that...memories.  when we head to Australia on saturday morning, we will be in sydney exploring the city, going to Hillsong (so excited, wish my worship team family from new hope could be there with me), and going on a small outback-like expedition.  I'm not expecting to really have internet access while im there so I will be off the grid for a bit.  Then on the 24th we fly to china for the rest of our trip.  im not sure what to expect when we get there really...it will be so different in comparison to anything i have ever experienced.  we got a small taste of it in Hong Kong, but Beijing will still be entirely different from that.  I am nervous, but excited at the same time.  this is the part of the trip that will be a challenge for us and i look forward to growing stronger as a team through our trials.  im most excited about trying the new foods and bartering at the markets and using the small amount of chinese that i have learned. when we are in china, we will probably not have wifi, so those of you that i text or snapchat...dont expect to get any of those from me for 6 1/2 weeks.  i will have internet, but some websites will be blocked such as facebook and youtube so i will definitely be off the grid more than likely.  not sure if my blog site will be blocked or not, but if you would like me to send you an email update (it will be to several people at once so please dont expect a personal email) then facebook me your email address ASAP or just email me at reinkehannah@hotmail.com.  thanks to those of you that have been praying for me and my team, please continue to pray as we go into the next leg of our trip!  *sigh* i will miss you Laidlaw college and Henderson.  i will miss the sun warming me...in china it will be about the same weather as it is in indiana in the spring so im expecting some chilly temperatures!  wish us luck! much love!  into the unknown we go...