Thursday, February 5, 2015

day four...





super rad day!  after ministry class, the team headed to a beach that has a seal colony!  Let me just say, i am so thankful for my Chacos!  we had quite the hike up the beach to get to the colony and it was pretty rocky so im glad i wasnt in jandals (flip flops).  When we arrived to the spot where the seals are, Angie told us that we had to be very careful!  The seals would blend in with the rocks and they can become very aggressive if we were to get too close.  At first we didnt see any seals and it looked like the day was going to be a bust...but then as we looked closer, we found that what we thought were rocks were actually seals!  we ended up seeing quite a few.  At one point I attempted to get closer to get the perfect shot but apparently I was nearing the nest of a sea gull as it began to dive bomb me!  I saw my life flash before my eyes and got the heck out of dodge.  but i still got some pretty rad pictures!  it was a beautiful sight and as I sat alone on a huge boulder overlooking the colony and watching the ocean crash against the shore, I was in awe of it all.  i just wanted to soak it in.  One of the things I am learning is that sometimes you have to get out from behind the camera and take a mental image.  There are some things a camera cant catch.  Later that evening after we left the beach, we headed into town to another beach front and grilled up some burgers for dinner.