Thursday, February 5, 2015

day three...




lovely Wellington

waking up and having bacon, eggs, and toast on the grill was a great way to start the day!  again I cannot express how lucky Chelsea and I were to have such an incredible family.  After a hearty breakfast, it was time to meet up with the team at the church for ministry class.  Matt taught us about the holy spirit and I learned a thing or too.  After that for a few hours, we all headed into Wellington for the remainder of the afternoon.  its a beautiful city and I really wish we could have spent longer there.  while we were there we went to a museum (fo freeeee!) and learned more about the New Zealand.  A few people jumped off a pier that was close by right before we left.  the water was gorgeous and there were jellyfish everywhere!  luckily, these jellyfish dont have the ability to sting.  So after a fun few hours, we headed back to Waikanae and to our host families for evening tea (dinner).  when Chelsea and I arrived back at our house, our family was having a small BBQ with some close family friends.  It was really cool being introduced to some of their friends and we were able to see more of that Kiwi kindness.  After the guests took their leave, Chelsea and I stayed up till midnight talking with our host parents about politics.  I am finding that I thoroughly enjoy talking about politics.  I dont really know a whole lot in that area, but Chelsea shines in that retrospect!  She is so smart.  it was cool hearing the point of views that Kiwis have on Americans and our political system and likewise hearing about how things are in this country.