Tuesday, January 20, 2015

just me...



growing out a pixie cut is not the easiest thing to do in the world...you go through a ton of awkward stages and the urge to cut it short again is a very real struggle.  I've had my pixie cut since the summer of 2013 so it's time for a change!  I am so grateful for Taylor Hiester, one of the members of our PacRim2015 team.  She is becoming one of my good friends and she is also a hairdresser! yay!  She recently gave me a set of cornrows to switch things up from my usual let-it-do-its-own-thing style with my hair...I loved them!  Sometimes with going through awkward hair stages, it becomes hard to just feel pretty.  And although this trip is teaching me a huge lesson in humility, sometimes a girl just wants to have cool hair and have her confidence boosted!  These did just that and gave me a little extra push to re-gain some self- confidence.  Ok honestly hour only because it is fairly late and im listening to music that gets my emotional/creative side out:  I'm homesick.  I have only been gone a few weeks and I already miss home like crazy.  Folks, this is not a feeling I am used to.  Although I love my family dearly, I am the kind of person that takes pride in being pretty independent.  And maybe its because I just talked to my parents the other day, maybe its because I talked to my super awesome boyfriend, Brian, today, maybe its because I recently received some bad news about my great grandmother...I just miss home.  But God is good all the time, and all the time God is good.  I have a family of 22 other people here who are willing to sit and talk to me, or write me encouraging notes, or to make me laugh.  I really love my team and I am excited to grow with them.  Having a support group such as this is incredible.  To those on my team reading this, thank you.