Sunday, January 18, 2015

starry sky...


While we are staying here at Laidlaw, we have made some friends with two of the local kiwis: Jeremy and Nick.  They are both pretty cool and they are gracious enough to take us to new places when we have free time.  On one night they took a group of us to another mountain so that we could investigate some creepy tunnels and look out at the night sky.  It was gorgeous.  The sky was crystal clear and we could see a ton of stars.  These two pictures have officially made their way up to some of my top favorite pictures I have ever taken.  At Christmas, I received a remote and tripod for my camera and I was thrilled to put them to good use.  This night, they achieved their goal of making me very happy and with just a 20 second exposure I was able to capture some of the grandeur of the night.  God is so good.