Wednesday, January 14, 2015

my new family...

Let me introduce to you my new family for the next three months!  We are a group of 21 students along with 3 group leaders.  I have to be honest here, I did not expect our group to mesh as well as we are.  We are such a dynamic group and everyone brings something different to the table.  Discovering who these incredible people are one by one gives me a whole new appreciation for the group as a whole, and as individuals.  Watching new friendships form and seeing the group become a tight-knit family is truly a lovely experience, and not one that I am used to.  It's cliche to say, but whenever we are all together we have such a fun time exploring, taking pictures, and just making memories.  Getting one on one time with everyone is great fun also.  Coming from a very small school, it's easy to say that you know everyone...but I could not be more wrong.  I hardly knew any of these people before coming into this crazy adventure, but now I am finding out what their passions are, what makes them laugh, what they act like after a 15 hour long plane ride and three hours of sleep.  It's all very awesome!  Having this unique experience to share with 20 other people helps to get rid of any homesickness and negative feelings. We are a unit and growing stronger every day.  I can't wait to see what the future has in store for us!