Thursday, January 15, 2015

the big city...


Hong Kong is such a beautiful city and sight seeing was eye opening.  We walked A TON!  One of the guys in our group tracked our mileage with a pedometer, one day we walked 10 miles, the next we walked 12, and the next I think it was somewhere around 6.  I am so grateful for my Chacos!  They are honestly some of the most comfortable shoes I have ever had...and my feet didn't even blister (PTL)! So in the bottom picture, behind the skyscrapers, you can see Mt. Victoria, the tallest point in Hong Kong.  Like I had said earlier, there were so many mountains that I didn't even expect.  The combination of city and nature makes the city unique and bearable.  After we would have a long day of trekking about, hiking up the mountain was like coming home.  The peace would once again come over me and everything got quiet.  I loved the contrast of the two!